Our Network and Security Engineering teams keep us ahead of the competition. Your primary responsibility is ensuring GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center) network and security 24x7 floor operations for our managed network and security services customers is running smoothly. You’ll have a positive impact on our organization, and change the way that our customers live, work, and play. Come be part of this incredible hands-on team.
In this role you will:
- Supervise security analysts and network engineering staff (Tier1) in a 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) in Cary, NC
- Guide network and security staff to meet and exceed the expectations of each customer, including meeting customer SLA's and priorities
- Work with other GNOSC management to continually improve NOC/SOC processes and procedures to meet and exceed business Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that the Security and Network Operations team fully adheres to processes, procedures and policies that are currently in place
- Handle staff selection, ongoing growth, mentoring and scheduling of a team of Security Analysts/engineers and NOC engineers in a 24x7 operation providing day-to-day management of network and security incidents and situations
- Interact with the customer program management office (PMO) and customer representatives to address service enquiries, operational concerns and new service requirements.
- Be part of the hierarchical escalation path for the GNOSC on customer inquiries for both network and security incidents
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years as either a NOC or SOC team lead or supervisor with direct reports and hands on technical experience in security and network operations Prior SOP/Process development and/or reporting experience
- The ability to work the schedule for this position which is Monday – Friday 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. with weekend on call responsibilities once a quarter
- You must have, or be able to qualify for, a government security clearance
- Success in building and developing cohesive teams and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in information security, information technology, or other technical field
- Certification in ITIL and/or previous work in an ISO operating environment
- Network/Security industry or vendor certifications
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.