The Call Center provides customer service to customers for their voice, data, and video services. You must have strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team in providing world-class customer service on every interaction and to achieve high performance results. You will also drive accountability within your team, while creating an engaged and positive work environment.
• Lead a team of 15-20 customer service technicians.
• Train, coach and counsel employees.
• Establish clear roles and responsibilities, track and manage team/individual performance in a unionized environment.
• Manage the performance of the employees (including setting objectives, assessing performance, coaching for improvement and if necessary placing employees on performance improvement plans, and recommending disciplinary action).
• Administer the Verizon processes and policies as they relate to safety, attendance, performance, work rules, and code of conduct.
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Two or more years of experience in customer service voice, data, and internet or related field operations.
• Knowledge with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook.
• Work nights, weekend duty, on call, and extended hours as necessary.
Ideally, you will also have:
• Two or more years of supervisory experience in a technical support or customer service call center.
• Understanding of communication networking components (e.g., routers, LAN topology, Ethernet Network interface, etc.).
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills in a fast paced nonstop environment.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.