The person in this position will be responsible for performing quality assurance testing on custom telecommunications and data communications software and systems. The successful candidate will apply their experience and knowledge in contributing to the definition of quality assurance standard practices and metrics. They will perform hands-on testing and measurements.
Major responsibilities include:
- Define test plans and test cases for custom telecommunications and data communications software products involving back-end data processing systems.
- Perform testing and other quality assurance practices and work with engineering teams to drive defects to resolution.
- Track quality assurance metrics with an eye on process improvements.
- Utilize open source or commercial test tools.
- Perform the automation of regression test cases.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software quality assurance.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle phases.
- Testing experience on back-end data processing products.
- Solid understanding of IP protocols such as SMTP and DNS.
- Scripting experience with programming languages such as Python or Perl.
- Linux system test experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability in understanding business requirements and translating them to test plans and test cases.
- Good soft skills in working with other engineering and analytical teams to arrive at optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- High degree of initiative with a passion for learning technology.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
- Experience with
- Networking technologies
- Test automation tools
- Agile methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.