At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
The Financial Systems Group (FSG) Payroll Systems team is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support Payroll Time and Labor activity for Verizon Payroll within the Verizon Group with sales over $120 billion. The Time & Labor Systems Configuration Lead position is an interface between Payroll, IT, FSG, and other stakeholder groups and is responsible for the planning, configuration, and migration of large-scale, complex Payroll Systems, business as usual (BAU) changes and program solutions with a significant impact on Finance and IT landscape. Verizon is in the middle of converting all global time and entry to an internal application, VZ Time. VZ Time leverages the functionality of Infor Workforce Management Time & Labor Center (TLC).
Infor Workforce Management 6.1.1, Time Entry, and Payroll solution expert; makes strategic recommendations based on analysis and knowledge of system capabilities and end to end impacts on customers and technologies
Provides solutions to resolve broad, complex, and critical work; acts in a lead capacity on complex projects, mentoring and guiding others with specific emphasis on systems analysis, functional design, and testing
Responsibility and decision authority focuses comprehensively on plan, configure, migrate, run, and status tracking/responsibility of assigned systems (end to end development, system changes, and deployment)
Enterprise migrations - executes DEV to TEST and TEST to Production releases of project deliverables and BAU fixes impacting time reporting and pay calculations for 170,000+ employees
Configuration and migration interface and Subject Matter Expert (SME) with Infor Configuration Consultants, IT PeopleSoft Development, IT VZ Time Development, Migration Teams, FSG Project Leads, Release Management, and other Finance Transformation offices
Develop migration and issue management metrics, analyze trends, and report semi-weekly status dashboards at project, Operations Committee, Key Stakeholders, and Executive Steering Committee levels
Provides FSG technical sign off on all project deliverables and BAU changes to production impacting pay calculations and Global Payroll processors for 45,000 employees through VZ Time
Develop and maintain configuration management processes and tools necessary for planning, scope, status, governance, compliance, configuration standards, training of others in Configuration Management tools and verification of production releases
Recommend and achieve streamlined configurations and applications for the most efficient and effective configuration solutions for BAU defects
Agile project participation for strategic and operational configuration scope planning and delivery
Flexible and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups
Compliance to Verizon policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting, Computer Programming, Finance, Information Systems, IT, or equivalent work experience.
- Configuration and migration experience with Infor Workforce Management Time & Attendance (Workbrain) including upgrades and/or implementations.
- Technical experience with PeopleSoft 9.1 or higher and PeopleSoft Time & Labor Module.
- Experience and technical skills with large system program implementations
- Experience with migration and validation tools (SQL Developer, Notepad+ XML Reader) and best practices to deliver quality and defect-free code into Production environments
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes with recent experience in an Agile development environment
- Three or more years of directly related experience with a strong (configuration) management background
- Configuration management procedure creation and documentation for consistent execution and knowledge transfer.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Issue management and workflow experience with Jira, SharePoint, and other tools
- Programming skills such as HTML, XML, Java, C++, C#
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to coordinate resources independently
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the proven ability to deliver across levels
- Knowledge of Verizon pay rules, collective bargaining agreement terms, time feeder systems, VZ Time design and integration with PeopleSoft, and Gross Pay Module
- Payroll systems triage and tech support experience
- Industry Certifications (MCSE, AGILE, PMI)
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
- Proactive in engaging with customers, leadership, and other teams
- Proven ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a dynamic environment and still meet deadlines
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.