The Information Security Process Engineer is responsible for establishing the necessary standards and supporting development and implementation of technology, processes and human skills this result in a strong and repeatable data protection framework which protects Verizon and its customers’ information from the ever increasing and evolving threats. This position will focus on driving increased information security across the business by development and implementation of well controlled information handling processes which meet customers and operational needs for ease and efficiency. The successful candidate will evaluate various team strategic roadmaps and supporting initiatives to assist in the efficient targeting of resources to high risk projects, ensuring that all of the right privacy and IT security professionals are engaged early in the design process to guide towards more secure options.
- Collect and analyze metrics on the effectiveness of security solutions, and ensure compliance with Information Security standards.
- Investigates and resolves security events, and assist with business matters (legal, contractual, privacy, etc.) associated with such events on behalf of business groups.
- Analyzes components of the Information Security Program to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with business leaders as well as security and privacy professionals to drive risk mitigation solutions which are in compliance with the Corporate Information Security Standards by influencing the business strategic initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams charged with implementing strategic enterprise-wide security programs
- Provides advice and counsel to business leaders regarding key initiatives that could be impacted by compliance, risk or security issues.
- Establishes business specific components of a security awareness program in collaboration with Corporate Information Security and leads in developing the requirements, methods and vehicles for security awareness delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related degree, or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Information Technology.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your advanced degree in business or technology fields.
- Certifications: PMP, CISSP, CISM or CIPP.
- Eight or more years of combined experience in across multiple disciplines within project/program management, information technology, business operations, process development/design; risk mitigation fields.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Experience working with highly diverse, cross-functional teams to drive creative solutions which balance the need for process controls and customer ease and business efficiency.
- Strong technical knowledge and information security knowledge working with highly complex projects.
- Proven experience in risk evaluation methods with a track record so collaborating with business leaders for creative mitigation solutions.
- Strong business knowledge with proven ability to effectively engage and influence large groups and functional leaders within Verizon to broker effective solutions to real business challenges.
- Proven ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively under extreme time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines.
- Development and delivery of executive communication via advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.