This position handles incoming calls for support functions from VZW Indirect and Direct sales channels. The primary focus includes reviewing consumer credit reports, authentication, updating SSN's related to credit inquiries, reviewing upgrade eligibility, assigning security deposits, performing customer account activations, customer account maintenance, reconnecting disconnected accounts, and basic Tier 1 troubleshooting inquiries. The representative will also decision consumer credit applications, review fax documentation from customers with credit holds, assist customers with Internet orders, and process Iconic Portal fallout orders. The position’s emphasis will be on the understanding and following of operational procedures for the Direct and Indirect sales channels. This position requires the interaction between Direct, Indirect, and Telesales channels, as well as interactions with Customers.
This position requires a high level of detail orientation with a high level of accuracy and proficiency in reviewing credit reports and risk assessment. Understanding of consumer lending practices and governing laws including the Fair Credit Reporting Act is necessary. Strong negotiation and analytical skills are needed.
This position supports all sales channels. Night, weekend, and holiday hours will be required. The department operates 365 days a year. Hours of operation are Sunday-Saturday, 10:00am-10:00pm. Employees must be flexible and able to work any shift during these hours of operation. Schedules are determined through a shift bid process and may be initially assigned to new employees in the group. **Attendance is required during training.** We are currently staffing for a training class that begins on Monday, May 8th, 2017.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of solid customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and customer service skills
- Able to work independently and self-manage
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills and communication skills
- Understanding of consumer lending practices and governing laws including the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Positive attitude A MUST
- High level of proficiency with all keyboard and computer functions
- Our call center hours are 10:00am-10:00pm, Sunday thru Saturday-Must be flexible and available to work these hours including holidays and weekends
- Attendance required throughout the duration of training and transition
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.