As a Security Engineer you are a part of the Managed Security Services (MSS) team responsible for the management of Verizon’s enterprise customer security infrastructure. Primary responsibilities are divided into customer device Change Management and MSS Infrastructure management. Change Management responsibilities include the acceptance, review, planning and implementation of approved changes to MSS customer security assets. MSS Infrastructure management includes health monitoring, capacity planning, maintenance windows, RMA, and incident response.
Security Engineers at Verizon are skilled professionals who possess experience in configuration of and troubleshooting on a wide variety of security devices. This engineer is able to work as a member of a team and is able to communicate effectively and intelligently to our customer via phone, email or ticket escalations. The engineer is able to multi-task, take direction, prioritize and complete given assignments on a daily basis. The SOC Engineer should possess a working knowledge of how our customer’s specific security products operate, how networks interoperate, and how a managed security services provider delivers service to its customers. The engineer is extremely customer focused and is able to handle themselves in the face of adversity.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Complex Troubleshooting of Security Devices, with the primary responsibility for firewalls
- On / Off boarding of security devices to health platform
- Escalation point for security device based incidents
- Planning and overseeing release management activities
- RMA of security devices
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science / Security.
- Two or more years of experience in a dedicated security engineering position.
- Experience in Linux, Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Firewall, VPN, Proxies.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements.
- Proven ability to identify gaps in processes and strong problem solving skills.
- Proactive in following up on customer issues
- Demonstrated ability to excel in high pressure environments
- Two or more years of experience as a security device engineer
- ITIL Foundations training / certification
- Security Certifications CCSE, CCSP, JNCIP, CISSP
- Experience in ArcSight and Security Analytics a major bonus.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.