The Billing Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day financial management processes for clients. This position will provide billing support, contract commitment support, transactions support, and financial reporting. The Billing Specialist will coordinate efforts with the Customer and Service Management organizations to identify and resolve billing issues that impact the financial management of the account (i.e., aging, credits, etc.). This position may include the following responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Two or more years of progressive experience with financial, contract management and related compliance and audit requirements.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Financial Business acumen, Client P&L Management experience.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and results orientation.
- Works comfortably under pressure and changing priorities.
- Prior experience with large scale Managed Services Accounts and Customized Telecommunication Services and program delivery.
- Substantial external client facing experience required in financial management process and procedures.
- Proven ability to work through complex business and client challenges and collaborate in developing and implementing solutions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office product suite with an emphasis in Excel.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.