This candidate will oversee Incident and Problem Management duties within the Government Enterprise Network Operations Center (24/7) in Cary, NC providing network monitoring and support. The GENOC supports federal government customers with approximately 5K managed devices throughout the United States.
- Provide technical support and assistance to federal government customer
- Proactively detect anomalies and performance issues, brings resolution to meet customer satisfaction
- Promote a positive team environment among direct reports and peer managers across all functional areas
- Perform end-to-end trouble isolation and repair on physical and logical layer services, devising action plans for more complex issues
- Work with Internal and External Support Teams as well as with the Account and Program Management teams to facilitate fault isolation and repair efforts to meet established baseline objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant experience.
- Willingness to work any shifts, holidays and weekends in a 24/7 Network Operation Center environment.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- One or more years of educational/technical/industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to process complex data and develop conclusions for management, business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of transmission principles and one or more years of IP networking experience.
- Strong Leadership/administrative skills (multi-tasking, planning, and organizing).
- LAN/WAN networking experience.
- Ethernet Circuit Knowledge.
- Wireless (3G/4G).
- General knowledge of one of the following technologies (Cisco, Juniper, IP Telephony, Data Transport).
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- CCENT or CCNA certification.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.