The MapQuest Data Ingestion Team is looking for Java/Scala/Python developers to work on our Data Solution. The duties of this engineering job will be to design, implement and maintain data ingestion; working in a highly mature agile environment to create the best software possible. This role will have a deep focus on AWS tools, data management and data ingestion.
- Owns the design and development of significant components or modules and contributes to reviews of other components within the overall architecture
- Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for accessibility, security, standard coding practices, performance and quality
- Routinely delivers working software solutions that meet user story acceptance criteria.
- Practices Agile development methods and exemplifies core agile values of transparency, collaboration, embracing change and iterative development.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- BS/Masters in Engineering/Computer Science or related field. Masters/MBA advantageous
- Four or more years of experience and proven track record for developing consistently innovative solutions.
- Hands-on experience working through the entire software development lifecycle of a data solution.
- Expert level skills with Java/Scala/Python
- Well versed in AWS tools such as Elastic MapReduce and streaming architectures such as Spark, BI or analytics tools such as Flink
- Well versed in data management and data ingestion concepts
- Expertise in SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with defining architecture
- Experience leading design and development direction with the team
- Communicate effectively with team leads, internal resources and external providers
- High level of analytical, implementation and organizational ability
- Demonstrates ability to keep current with emerging technology trends and research
- Ability to effectively communicate with others performs work in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers Americas fastest and most reliable network. Were also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.