Under general direction of a Program Manager, oversees high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation with responsibilities for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project, including customer stakeholders, end users, distributors, and vendors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. May communicate with a company executive regarding the status of specific projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proven track record of success in driving change and leading process improvement efforts and excels in identifying new areas of opportunity.
- Federal government experience.
- Respected and trusted leader with a reputation of achievement, effective change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and drive issues to resolutions.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Function as enterprise subject matter expert in project management methodology and best practices.
- PMP and six sigma certification.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.