The Global Service Desk acts as a Tier 1.5 Service Desk and a single point of contact between Verizon, Third Party Vendors (TPV's), Customer Helpdesk and Verizon Customers. Providing a stream-lined communication channel for Incident Management, Request Fulfilment and Change Management. The Service Desk resolve/fulfil or route Trouble Tickets to the appropriate Resolver Groups; coordinate activities between Resolver Groups to ensure incident resolution; communicate status updates to the Customer; and perform any necessary Escalation Management (hierarchical and technical).
- Serves as a Single-Point-Of-Contact (SPOC) that manages customer expectation base on contractually agreed Service Levels.
- Performs initial triage, request fulfillment, engagement of resolving groups (Verizon and TPV’s) and manage the ticket lifecycle.
- Adhere to all SLAs, SLOs (Service Level Objectives), and OLAs per each customer’s contractual specifications.
- Provide notifications to Internal and External Customers regarding the status of their Tickets.
- Responsible for completion of voice soft changes in NEC / Avaya (phone configuration and restrictions).
- Creates Change record in Verizon system (GCM / ETMS) for URL Filtering requests
- Manages the Third Party Vendor (TPV) for Telecom related dispatches and repair.
- Manages Verizon Telecom database and billing.
- Crisis Bridge Management - The GSD participates and engages Verizon resolver teams (e.g., VZ internal, VZ contracted TPVs, etc.) as necessary to troubleshoot and resolve major incidents and outages.
- Provides 24 x 7 support
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work on shifting and graveyard schedules
- Willingness to work on holidays and weekends
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunications), or Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Experience in a telecommunications NOC/Service Desk position
- Fluent English communication skills; written and verbal
- Basic Computer Skills and knowledge
- Proven ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- ITIL certification
- CCNA Certification
- Avaya Communication Manager and Session Manager experience.