This candidate will oversee Incident and Problem Management duties within the Data Repair NOC (DRC) 24/7 in Alabang, Muntinlupa City providing network operations support for Verizon Customers.
Lead a team to meet agreed upon SLAs
Provide technical network support and assistance to support Verizon customers
- Perform circuit testing and fault isolation of Frac-T1, T1, (DS3, Ethernet circuits a plus)
- Perform end-to-end trouble isolation and repair on physical and logical layer services
- Coordinating with local exchange carriers, 3rd party vendors, and Verizon internal teams, to resolve customer reported issues
- Troubleshoot, classify and correlate network incidents and problems within the Verizon backbone network
- Escalate network issues to senior engineers for complex system failures
- Perform escalations and provide updates to the customer and respond to customer requests for information
Work with Internal and External Support Teams as well as with the Account and Program Management teams to facilitate fault isolation and repair efforts to meet established baseline objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, weekends, or holidays as needed.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Good understanding of transmission/transport principles and technologies.
- Good working knowledge of Physical layer concepts. (layer 2-3 trouble shooting a plus).
- Experience in troubleshooting/maintaining/operating complex IP networks.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, balancing competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a demanding, fast paced 24x7x365 operations support environment.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills as well as exceptional customer service skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Five or more years of additional industry experience.