Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Manages and provides direction to production design team ensuring high quality deliverables within established timeframes.
- Oversees the delivery of high quality, production-ready artwork files by the Production Design team to meet vendor specifications and timing. This includes pre-flight as a QC process.
- Responsible for quality control for the work of the department.
- Executes design solutions, revises and updates existing design deliverables, and prepares production-ready files as needed.
- Works with Production Designers and Vendors to troubleshoot and problem solve production issues on files.
- Manages time and budget allocated to each project.
- Provides technical guidance based on project needs/complexity to meet production specifications and standards.
- Ensures the Design Production team maintains and updates images, photos, videos and work products in appropriate asset management system.
- Ensures brand integrity is maintained as well as adheres to brand standards set by senior management.
- Supervise the work of all production designers on the team, working closely to mentor them and develop their skills.
- Attends and/or supervises press runs as required.
- Works to improve process and workflow with goal of increasing productivity and identifying new cost savings opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills in hiring, training, motivating, coaching, supervising, reviewing and providing direction to the production design team.
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a production design role within an external or in-house agency.
- Knowledge of all production/printer-industry technical requirements – prepress, offset, web, gravure, flexo, digital print, large format.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Portfolio required.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Some management experience.
- HTML experience.
- Adobe Certification in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Takes direction from and provide consultation to creative services designers, Art Directors, Account/Project Managers, Marketing project team(s) and/or internal line-of-business client(s) on project needs.
- Represents the CS department in the role of Production Design Manager when called upon to advise on options, budget, and deadline considerations.
- Demonstrates strong technical knowledge of prepress, printing and digital processes.
- Detail oriented and displaying a commitment to quality control, specifically measured by:
- Consistently producing accurate artwork
- Interpreting and implementing client changes to artwork during proof cycles
- Checks preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
- Directs and guides production designers in preparation of creative files to a high-quality, production-ready standard.
- Monitors error rates and develops processes to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Displays expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Adobe certification preferred.
- Proficient in creating designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Ability to create high quality CMYK or RGB images for print or multimedia. Understands dot gain, color separations, trapping, Pantone to CMYK conversions, imposition work and retouching.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of composition, color, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of design.
- Ensures that the brand standards of quality and creativity are reflected consistently in all materials.
- Ensures strong archival system and processing for all work projects is maintained, including a DAM system where applicable.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Exhibits good project management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains strong understanding of current technologies or practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills (ability to consider the costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.