Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Writes creative, effective marketing copy following a creative brief.
- Researches clients, their competitors and the target audience to support creative strategy and inform the execution.
- Provides writing support for aligned client group(s), as well as supporting projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires.
- Collaborates with design team as needed to meet specific project objectives.
- Produces original, clear and credible copy and is accountable for the final development of creative assets.
- Ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the writing objectives.
- Ensures messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Executes writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, facts were confirmed).
- Responds to all requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner.
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
- Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work.
- Edits and proofreads material as demand and scheduling requires.
- Supports leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
- External or in-house agency experience.
- Minimum of three years professional level writing experience.
- Portfolio required.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Understands writing applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Maintains a consistent voice and audience focus in writing.
- Is able to “boil down” verbose content to the “essence” of the main message in a concise, effective manner.
- Exhibits consistent quality control in work.
- Exhibits an understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, or media.
- Exhibits competency presenting creative work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.