Would you like to join a dynamic UX team working in the cutting-edge field of telematics, helping us connect vehicles to the internet?
Are you passionate about the user experience?
Are you interested in being a core member of the product team facilitating and leading user interface design, defining cutting edge prototypes, advocating for the user throughout the development process, and testing and evaluating user interfaces?
Do you want to design products used by millions of people?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you.
Our UX team is made up of passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. The user experience team members are embedded with their product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle. They are regarded as strategic business partners by their product teams as they develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
You will be responsible for performing user-centered design activities related to Verizon Telematics mobile products and/or web applications. You will work with product and development teams to understand their projects' design requirements, and develop creative solutions for meeting those needs.
• Work with the product and development team to follow a user-centered design approach as you work collaboratively to brainstorm and design innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Make recommendations to team members about which usability methods to use to answer their questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
• Work closely with team members to conduct user research, identify pain points, develop user profiles and create task lists.
• Collaborate on paper and functional prototypes.
• Contribute to requirements and design documents.
• Perform usability tests, conduct interviews and site visits, organize surveys, and perform other usability assessments that may be appropriate.
• Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
• 3+ years as a usability engineer, information architect, user experience designer, user researcher, or other equivalent title
• BA, BS, MA, or MS in cognitive psychology, human factors, or related field, or equivalent experience
• Direct experience with a variety of usability methods
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Strong influencing or negotiation skills and articulating your design choices to a larger group
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
• Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• Must have a portfolio with web and mobile applications and services that demonstrates a strong design aesthetic and usable, engaging product experiences including products that you have designed for existing products in the market
• Strong prototyping skills with the ability to generate high fidelity mockups that can be used to build working products.
• Understanding of formal design processes and methodologies and how to apply them to new product development.
• Familiar with design sprints and preferably have used them to prototype possible solutions.
• Knowledgeable of the latest innovations in interface design for the most prominent platforms, such as HTML 5, Android and iOS
• Prototyping and wire-framing tools
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.