Your primary responsibility is to ensure GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center) customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs. You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations / Service Desk function for our managed network services customers – this means initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers, establishing secure portal access through secure certs and/or RSA token management, and security surveillance/analytics as assigned by the shift lead. The position is full time – eight hours per day supporting the Day Shift from our Cary, NC location.
- Learn: physical topology and logical design for the customer’s network and security implementations; customer and Verizon-provided equipment across major vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint, IronPort, FireEye, BlueCoat, etc.
- Communication: answer all in-coming calls in a timely, professional manner; provide status to the customers on the progress of their incidents within the prescribed amount of time per the SLA.
- Monitor: use various surveillance systems responsible for reporting the health of the devices for GNOSC customer equipment, and act upon faults when necessary.
- Troubleshooting: examine potential security threats via log analytics; learn physical layer and logical problems fault isolation methodologies on customer/carrier networks utilizing remote access tools.
- Interact: directly with other Verizon network and security engineers/groups, Local Exchange Carrier groups, vendor/partners, GNOSC Advanced Technical Support, and customer teams.
Experience dealing with customers during service requests, problem resolution and operating under service level agreements. Hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting network or security devices, OR experience on a service desk team handling incident management/triage tickets through such standard tools as Remedy or other systems. Understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSec. Solid understanding of IPv4. Good understanding of DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs.
==> Want to Impress?
- One active technical certification – Cisco, Juniper, A+/Sec+/Net+
- Experience with network management and/or performance analysis tools.
- Experience with Security Analytics tools (SIEMs such as ArcSight, Splunk)
- College degree (two or four year)
*This position requires the ability to obtain a government issued security clearance; an active clearance is highly desirable*
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.