Verizon is actively searching for a Product Owner as the key project stakeholder for transformative digital experiences. The ideal candidate will inspire and motivate the engineering teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency. The candidate will represents the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary functionality. This role will be highly visible across the organization acting as the ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary contact for queries related to the product. We are seeking a detailed oriented, energetic, driven and passionate individual to fill this key role on our Digital & Strategic Sales team.
Develop and maintain the product vision and strategy and effectively communicate that vision to the scrum team
Use agile/lean methodologies to drive and deliver enterprise-scale digital projects
Own and drive backlog grooming and management, prioritize user stories, create acceptance criteria and drive testing and delivery
Be a champion of the customer and define and execute user stories that ensure a superior customer experience when using the feature/product
Write requirements (user stories) for product features working with stakeholders (both internal and external) as needed, ensuring that customer, stakeholder and market needs are met
Organize and work with cross-functional teams and remote resources to drive process and deliver projects on time and within budget
Drive beta, pilot and MVP programs using an iterative, user-led approach with early-stage features/proof of concepts
Understand relevant web design and development technologies in order to interpret and translate requirements into a detailed creative and technical brief
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project or account management experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Three or more years of experience in a similar Project or Account Management, Product Owner or Business Analyst role, responsible for budgets, teams, and deadlines within an agile/lean environment
- Your degree in Business or Engineering. Even better if you have your Master’s degree.
- Experience in issue tracking and project management platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Basecamp, etc.
- Demonstrated team player with ability to coordinate multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven, multi-location / multi-cultural matrix work environment
- Problem solver with the ability to effectively communicate solutions
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and the ability to influence and motivate others while staying positive
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak effectively to clients and internal teams
- Comfortable leading meetings and writing documents for senior leadership and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of CX and design-first methodologies
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (AEM, Analytics, etc.) product knowledge
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and similar presentation software
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.