This position is a high profile key management role within Verizon Wireless (VZW) Device Marketing organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall product management of the Accessories product lifecycle, including management of the relationship with Accessory vendors, new product development, in conjunction with the VZW business strategy goals and mobile device evolution.
This position will be primarily responsible for:
1. Primary Duties and Management
• Accessory portfolio: identifying the right verticals for VZW Accessories, training, communications, merchandising, launches, forecasting to support Verizon business needs.
• Planning, coordinating and managing Accessory product related activities, achieving planned product targets and time estimates, managing product lifecycle
• Driving products and solutions with a focus on delivering a quality customer experience
• Managing the different channels, including stores and on line, with communication through our areas and region teams
2. Project Management
• Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion
• Reducing unit costs through process innovations and continuous improvement on operational strategies
• Development of promotions, training needs and other materials to launch and further drive the Accessory Business
3. Communication and Awareness
• Managing the Verizon Wireless’ relationship with the Accessory vendors; aligning the Accessory vendor roadmap with the overall VZW device roadmap
• Managing cross-functional team to achieve defined objectives and leverages skills of others to meet defined business objectives via effective and consistent communication
•Provide management with updates and overviews when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in product management.
- Vendor management experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in Marketing or Business. Even better if you have your Master’s degree.
- Retail experience in product management
- Five or more years of experience in wireless.
- Three or more years of vendor management.
- Three or more years of experience in Accessories operations & management role with an MNO, OEM, or retailer.
- Prior experience in managing multiple high-visibility, complex projects.
- A proven track record with vendor management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office inc. MS Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and engage other teams across the organization without a direct reporting relationship.
- Proven ability to undertake multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- High enthusiasm towards learning about new wireless products, devices and technology trends.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.