- Manage and drive multiple complex device requirements projects that involve key Verizon Wireless device and service launches.
- Drive/Lead large cross functional teams to generate service descriptions, use cases, technical feasibility analysis to develop technology device requirements and compliance test plans.
- Drive solutions to ensure new technologies are consistently ported across devices, working with device vendors, application developers, technology vendors and Verizon network teams.
- Develop and manage new device requirements for to support new applications, services, and network enhancements offered to Verizon Wireless customers working closely with device vendors, application developers, Verizon Wireless and Verizon network teams
- Work closely with the User Experience team to support developing a common user experience across all applications offered within the devices.
- Manage reviews for device requirements and compliance test plans across cross-functional teams in Verizon and Verizon Wireless device, network, IT, marketing, segmentation and user experience teams.
- Responsible for identifying action items during reviews and driving them to closure.
- Responsible for supporting and providing feedback to all other device requirements and test plan reviews conducted by the teams
- Responsible for testing devices, fixes, new services and products that the team is supporting
- Support the planned quarterly releases of device requirements and test plans, generation of the compliance packages.
- Responsible for administration of the device requirements portal and the requirement management tools.
- Responsible for managing access for device documents for internal employees and external vendors.
- Enhance the existing tools used for retail device development.
Education: BS degree in EE or CS; MS preferred
Certifications: Professional Project Management certification or equivalent work experience
Other: MBA or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 6-8 years product development background
• 3-5 years Wireless/Telecommunications/Internet experience
• 2 years experience with LTE technology and device technologies
• Design experience in developing voice/data handset devices
• Demonstrated track record in development and deployment of products and new technologies, as well as process development and execution.
• Experience working with customers and vendors
• Demonstrated Proficiency in Project Management tools and techniques
• Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Programs
• Technical leadership and Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.