- Hands-on testing, development and integration of various software modules in Verizon’s latest, state-of-the-art, next-generation Broadband Router & Smart Home / IoT Gateway products.
- Fully support product QA and test cycles, triage technical issues, analyze logs, debug, reproduce and root-cause issues.
- Research product requirements, analyze end-to-end system impact, review specifications and generate comprehensive test cases and test plans for product unit testing and large-scale product deployment.
- Write effective test scripts to automate product testing and take ownership of end-to-end, system-level testing for various modules.
- Set up and operate relevant lab. test equipment, tools and debuggers (load generators, Ixia (Veriwave) test equipment, scopes and logic analyzers, relevant software tools) in a lab. environment.
- Work closely with several cross-functional teams in Verizon and external vendors to ensure that product test requirements are met and product specifications are comprehensively covered.
- Participate in prototyping, board bring-up, software module development and integration verification tasks.
- Adapt quickly to changes in priority and/or strategic direction. Manage multiple priorities effectively and regularly to meet project timelines.
- Clearly document and communicate very effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrate strong attention-to-detail and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Strong mix of product testing and software development skills.
- Six or more years of in-depth, hands-on expertise and clearly demonstrable experience in the product and system-level network technologies domain.
- Expertise in C, C++, Java and programming skills. Knowledge of ARM Assembly is a plus.
- Expertise in scripting languages (TCL / XML / Python / Bash), Linux shell scripting, test and automation scripts generation and execution.
- Solid technical knowledge of operating lab. test equipment (load generators, Ixia (Veriwave) test equipment, scopes, logic analyzers) and debuggers.
- Strong technical knowledge of software tools (WireShark, TCPDump, TCPPlot, Codenomicon, Metasploit, SSCEP, OpenSSL, STunnel).
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.