The person in this position will be responsible for determining integrated system solutions as well as managing system health, performance, and security.
Major responsibilities include:
- System architecture involving servers, network devices, and software.
- System integration involving hardware, software, network, and database.
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, provide technical solutions with effort estimates.
- Lead integration of applications and services with enterprise tools such as Network Management Systems and Security Information and Event Monitoring Systems.
- Help maintain and develop new standards within infrastructure, and evangelize new and emerging technologies within the organization.
- Work on continuous improvement of the environment through new tools for automation, monitoring, and rapid deployment.
- Design, plan, install, administer and troubleshoot applications, systems and services in production and lab/test environments in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Diagnose, analyze and resolve complex problems including interoperability issues, issues caused by hardware or software.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in system engineering
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field.
- Twelve or more years of experience in system engineering involving Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and working knowledge of IP networks and devices including routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience working with DNS and SMTP in a carrier environment.
- Hands on Linux administration of CentOS or another RedHat-based Linux variant including automated server deployment and management methods (kickstart, Ansible etc.).
- Python or Bash shell scripting.
- Familiarity with industry best practices for Linux server security; ability to implement organizational security standards on Linux platforms.
- VMware vSphere
- PowerShell and PowerCLI
- Postfix and BIND
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.