Verizon Wireless has been the industry leader in customer loyalty for many years, founded on our exceptional brand, network, customer service, and general loyalty and CRM initiatives. The Manager of Rewards Reporting and Business Intelligence and will play a key role in loyalty operations, cost controls, and related customer intelligence as we develop new loyalty program frameworks to further enhance our industry leadership. This is a unique opportunity to work within the Verizon Wireless CRM organization and partner closely with a variety of cross functional teams including Total Experience, Finance and Accounting, IT, and the Field organizations. We are looking for a strong performer who has mature reporting skillsets that blend technical expertise with end-user simplicity.
The Manager will be part of a dedicated team within Verizon’s CRM organization focused on loyalty program operations. This role will be responsible for setting up overall program KPI reporting, forecasting and tracking, as well as analyzing program performance and recommending adjustments to offer targeting, mix, and champion/challenger approaches in order to optimize results.
Responsibilities include the following categories:
Budget and Liability Management
- Develop individual and aggregate offer cost forecasting models
- Track and report on actual costs and liability impacts
- Analyze results and develop plans to ensure the program stays within expected budget
- Develop strategies with offer targeting/prioritization team to align offer volumes and targets within budget constraints and customer strategies
- Liaise with accounting team to ensure proper liability inputs
Program KPI tracking and reporting
- Set-up and ongoing management of program dashboards
- Determine methodologies to scrub results of associative but not causative bias
- Analyze results and suggest areas of opportunity for program optimization and improvement
- Determine supplemental customer intelligence insight/validation needs via primary research
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
Data requirements and validation
- Work with internal IT to determine data requirements and structure
- Determine data needs and flows from program vendor partner to augment internal data
- Develop data requirements/validation for new offers including potential external partner offer data-sharing to enhance behavioral insights, attribution, etc.
- Perform ongoing data validation to ensure program KPI accuracy
The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction. This is a new role and there is opportunity to define the output as well as refine the responsibilities as needed. The ideal candidate will have a background in loyalty and engagement programs as well as the requisite technical reporting skills and financial acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred, especially in statistical and/or financial areas
- 6+ years’ experience working with relational databases and SQL reporting
- Experience and comfort with data analysis, statistics, and forecasting, as well as financial/accounting precepts
- Experience working in loyalty programs and/or complex cross-functional CRM programs
- Ability to own project workstreams end-to-end and act autonomously
- Organized and process-oriented
- Proactive self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, but able to navigate a changing environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.