The Supply Chain Customer Fulfillment system handles hundreds of millions of dollars of FiOS material to ensure on-time delivery to the customer. Supply Chain has strategic initiatives that benefit both the CMB and Supply Chain organization like the 3PL Campus project, IPTV, Verizon TeleProducts shutdown, VZ Dropbox and XO Integration. In addition, Fleet Operations is ramping up strategic programs as well, like Next-Gen Vehicle Sharing and a new Fleet Asset Maintenance Management System.
A technical project manager is needed to assist in managing these complex, critical programs across different organizations (CMB, VES, Supply Chain, Fleet). The technical project manager will help coordinate interdependencies, anticipate and mitigate risks to avoid delays, manage budget, as well as help coordinate with VDSI and vendors. They will work closely with the CFO CAMS team for project initiation and will take hand off of requirements to development and sees the project through to go live. This role will be responsible for the detailed project plan for each major Customer Fulfillment and/or Fleet deliverable in the portfolio.
- Project Manage Supply Chain Customer Fulfillment enhancements
- Project Manage Fleet enhancements
- Manage Inter-organizational project dependencies.
- Identify Project Risks (mis-alignment, resources, conflicting priorities) and create a plan to eliminate / reduce the impact
- Assist in developing test plans
- Track the testing and issue resolutions during the project quality assurance phase
- Coordinate cutover / deployment activities within and across teams.
- Conduct daily meetings with developers and application business analysts to track and review IT deliverables for project enhancements
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have;
- Bachelor’s degree. Even better if you have your Master’s degree.
- Three or more years of Project Management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Experience working on global team (remote locations, different time zones, different culture)
- Good Presentation skills
- Agile Development Methodology
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Experience using JIRA and Zephyr tools
- In-depth Supply Chain Business Processes:
- Inventory Management
- Customer Fulfillment
- Equipment Quality
- In-depth Fleet Operations Processes:
- Preventative Maintenance
- License and registration
- Vehicle Maintenance
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.