The person in this position will be responsible for software application development for new and ongoing telecommunications and data communications projects. These efforts will be aimed at customer retention and revenue expansion.
Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and test custom software systems for telecommunications and data communications applications.
- Assist in the design of software systems.
- Analyze customer requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
- Coordinate with project management and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions.
- Apply object oriented techniques and Agile methodologies.
- Author technical documentation as needed.
- Support QA team in developing test plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field.
- One or more years in developing software systems. College-level software projects apply.
- Software development experience in LINUX, Java, C/C++.
- Scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Multi-threaded software development.
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
- Education in networking technology for telecommunications and data communications.
- Education in information security.
- Education in database systems.
- Java IDE, J2EE, and jQuery.
- Usage of source version control products such as Perforce, Git, or SVN.
- Experience with OODB and Big Data (Hadoop, Vertica, etc.).
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.